Top Adelaide Layover Tours
Saved to wishlist!
11 results | All Adelaide Tours
Explore the Adelaide Hills and the town of Hahndorf on a half-day tour from Adelaide. Your driver takes you through historic villages that dot the Mount Lofty Ranges and stops in Hahndorf for the afternoon. Includes afternoon tea or beer tasting, air-conditioned transportation, on-board commentary, and pickup and drop-off at select hotels. Please note: Effective from May 3, 2018, due to roadworks on Frome Street, the temporary pick-up location for guests staying at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel and Mantra on Frome will be 16, Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide.
Discover the best food and wine of the Barossa Valley on a full-day tour from Adelaide or Glenelg. Have time for wine tastings at four or five wineries throughout the day as you pass through villages such as Lyndoch, Tanunda, and Angaston. Your guide discusses the options with the group and tailors the day to your interests. You'll also stop at Maggie Beer's Farm Shop in Nuriootpa, and end the day with sweeping views from Mengler Hill.
See Adelaide from aboard a leisurely cruise that travels down the Torrens River, located in the heart of the city. Listen to live commentary from the skipper and learn about the historical importance of the river and its surroundings. Pass by the Festival Center, St. Peter's Cathedral, Adelaide University, and more.
Discover Adelaide and its surroundings on a full-day tour that combines highlights of the city with an afternoon visit to Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills. Ideal for first-time visitors, this tour covers a diverse panorama of South Australia's landscapes, from the coastal city's streets to the summit of Mount Lofty and beyond. Hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
Take in the spectacular views of the city and coastline from Mount Lofty Summit, Adelaide's highest peak Wind your way through the villages of Crafers, Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater Explore the main street of Hahndorf, sample local produce and check out the local arts and crafts Enjoy afternoon tea or a traditional German beer tasting at the popular Hahndorf Inn
Learn more about Adelaide through its food on this fun food-focused tour of the central city. With a small group of like-minded travelers you’ll visit many boutique food shops and markets, sampling local produce as you go. Stop for lunch and have time to shop at the Central Market. This is an ideal activity for chefs, foodies, and anyone who enjoys tasty food.
Enjoy a relaxing half-day cruise on the Murray River aboard the paddle wheeler “Captain Proud.” Learn about the river’s history, culture, and ecosystem from the live commentary. Look out for birds and wildlife, including kangaroos, pelicans, galahs, and cockatoos. Feast on a two-course lunch while watching the world go peacefully by.
Maximize your time in Adelaide and experience sights that many tourists miss on a bike ride between the city and the sea. At a relaxed pace, you’ll cycle to the vibrant Riverside Precinct and visit Henley Beach for morning brunch. Pedal along the River Torrens Linear trail and parallel to the south Australian coastline, a visual feast of white sand beaches. Finally, explore Glenelg town and opt to return to Adelaide by tour bus or on the iconic Glenelg tram. Small-group tour, limited to eight people.
Spend a day in Barossa on this wine and food tour from Adelaide. Home to some of South Australia’s most renowned wineries, the region also produces countryside culinary delights like cider, baked goods and jam. You’ll visit both big and small wineries, for tastings of varietals like shiraz, plus check out local businesses like Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop and enjoy a 2-course lunch with wine at Lambert Estate. You will be travelling with a guide, who shares information about winemaking in the region.
Wander around Adelaide on this easy-paced, small-group walking tour that explores Victoria Square. Learn about the city’s history, heritage, and culture through the architecture and buildings, as well as the people associated with them. Tour highlights include Sir Francis Xavier Cathedral, Three Rivers Fountain, Adelaide Town Hall, and much more.
There’s no doubt that South Australia’s Barossa Valley is a world-class wine region, with its Syrah and Shiraz gracing sommeliers’ lists throughout the world. On this single-day tour, discover the valley’s oenological heritage without having to check out of your Adelaide accommodation, and without having to carefully count every taster to stay under the drink-drive limit. Stops to sample local produce and enjoy a local lunch round out this fulsome experience of the Barossa Valley.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Layover Tours in Adelaide?
The best Layover Tours in Adelaide according to Viator travelers are:
What Layover Tours in Adelaide are taking additional safety precautions?
These Adelaide experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Layover Tours in Adelaide are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Adelaide may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Unique Experiences
- Haigh’s Chocolates Visitor Centre Tours & Tickets
- Migration Museum Tours & Tickets
- Art Gallery of South Australia Tours & Tickets
- Penfolds Magill Estate Tours & Tickets
- South Australian Museum Tours & Tickets
- National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide Tours & Tickets
- National Wine Centre of Australia Tours & Tickets
- Adelaide Gaol Tours & Tickets
- St. Peter's Cathedral, Adelaide Tours & Tickets
- North Terrace Tours & Tickets
- Ngaut Ngaut Conservation Park Tours & Tickets
- Adelaide Oval Tours & Tickets
- Cockle Train Tours & Tickets
- Monarto Zoo Tours & Tickets
- Waterfall Gully Tours & Tickets
- Hahndorf Tours & Tickets
- Murray River Tours & Tickets
- Glenelg Tram Tours & Tickets
- Rundle Mall Tours & Tickets
- Parliament House Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Things to do in Western Australia
- Things to do in South Island
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets