Eminonu Pier (Eminönü Iskelesi)
As one of the main transit points in Istanbul, the Eminonu Pier buzzes with energy. In addition to boats traveling to and fro, buses depart nearby to points all over the city. Nearby, Eminonu Square contains the New Mosque and the Spice Bazaar.
Many private and small-group city tours pass by Eminonu Pier on their way to the Spice Bazaar, Galata Bridge, Sultanahmet district, or the Asian side of the city. Many Bosphorus cruises and ferries depart from this pier.
Things to Know Before You Go
Eminonu Pier is fun to experience, even if you’re not going anywhere.
The main ferry companies at the pier are Sehir Hatlari and Turyol.
A series of underpasses make it easy to cross the busy street that hems in the pier.
How to Get There
Being a transit hub, Eminonu Pier is easy to reach by many forms of transportation; a major bus terminal and a main tram stop are nearby. From the Asian side, it’s best to arrive at the pier by ferry. The Marmaray, an underwater metro line that connects the Asian and European sides of the city, is a short walk from the pier.
When to Get There
Eminonu Pier is very active during the day and becomes thick with people in the afternoon, so plan to stop by earlier to beat the crowds. After the ferry lines stop running in the evening, the pier becomes quieter, though trams and buses run later than the ferries.
Where to Go by Ferry from Eminonu
It’s easy to get around Istanbul by water from the Eminonu Pier. Take a boat to Uskudar and see the Ottoman-era imperial mosques that dot the shoreline. Travel by ferry to Kadikoy and explore its street art and café culture. Or hop on a Bosphorus cruise to see the fortress at Rumeli Hisari and much more.
- Things to do in Varna
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Constanta
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- New Mosque (Yeni Cami)
- Eminӧnü Square (Eminönü Meydani)
- Hodjapasha Culture Center (Hocapasa Kültür Merkezi)
- Spice Bazaar (Misir Carsisi)
- Galata Bridge (Galata Köprüsü)
- Rustem Pasha Mosque (Rüstem Paşa Camii)
- Gülhane Park (Gülhane Parki)
- Istanbul Archaeological Museums (Istanbul Arkeoloji Muzeleri)
- Galata Tower (Galata Kulesi)
- Topkapi Palace (Topkapi Sarayi)
- Column of Constantine (Çemberlitaş Sütunu)
- Grand Bazaar (Kapali Çarsi)
- Hagia Irene (Aya Irini)
- Süleymaniye Mosque (Süleymaniye Camii)
- Galata Mevlevi Museum (Galata Mevlevihanesi Müzesi)