More than 100 models depict important sites in and around Turkey, including the Hagia Sophia, Galata Tower, Cappadocia, the Bosphorus Bridge, and more. The Mostar Bridge, Jerusalem’s Dome of the Rock, and other sights represent territory outside of Turkey. Miniaturk also contains the Panorama Victory Museum, where you can learn about the Turkish War for Independence.
Some small-group and private tours of the Golden Horn visit Miniaturk. These tours often also include the Eyup neighborhood, Pierre Loti Hill, and more.
Things to Know Before You Go
Miniaturk is a must-visit for history and miniature-models buffs.
Admission is included with the Istanbul Tourist Pass.
Wear comfortable shoes to explore Miniaturk.
Miniaturk is kid-friendly and contains a playground.
How to Get There
Miniaturk, in Istanbul’s Beyoglu district on the northeastern shore of the Golden Horn, is easily accessible by city bus from Taksim, Eminonu, and Topkapi—all of which are well-connected to public transportation. For maximum convenience, take a short taxi ride from the city center, or book a tour that includes round-trip transportation.
When to Get There
The Miniaturk complex is open from 9am for 6pm every day, including weekends and holidays. It can get crowded with families on weekends and on weekday afternoons with school groups, so arrive early on a weekday for a quieter experience.
The many miniature models on display at Miniaturk allow you to see famous attractions in Turkey and beyond that are far from Istanbul. The historical stone city of Mardin is re-created in miniature, as is a version of the Temple of Artemis, depicted before its construction. You can also see the busts of Mount Nemrut and the Sumela Monastery from Trabzon, in mini form.
- Things to do in Varna
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Constanta
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Pierre Loti Hill (Pierre Loti Tepesi)
- Obelisk of Theodosius
- Eyup Sultan Mosque
- Rahmi M. Koc Museum (Rahmi M. Koç Müzesi)
- Isfanbul (Vialand)
- Aynalikavak Palace (Aynalikavak Kasri)
- Kariye Museum (Kariye Müzesi)
- Military Museum and Cultural Center Command (Askeri Müze)
- Mihrimah Sultan Mosque (Mihrimah Sultan Camii)
- Fener District
- Pera Museum (Pera Müzesi)
- Cicek Pasaji (Flower Passage)