Top San Jose Art & Culture
85 results | All San Jose Tours
* A traveler said: "Gabo was great! Very knowledgeable and friendly, and even took the time out of his evening to escort another couple to an extra location after the end of the official tour."
* A traveler said: "A short drive from San Jose in a beautiful air conditioned van. The rescue center was very nice and the guide was passionate and knowledgeable. It’s a little pricey, but a great tour"
* A traveler said: "Sergio did an awesome job! I felt it was a great value for the $$ spent and a great way to spend a day in San Jose."
* A traveler said: "Alex the tour guide was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around! Fantastic tour! The food was declicious too!"
* A traveler said: "Wow, we loved this tour. Our guide, Ivannia, was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour was much more comprehensive than we expected it to be, as we got to see some of the main buildings in downtown San Jose as well as going through Central Market and sampling some of the food and drinks. I highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "The tour operator went out of his way to accommodate my personal timings and likings for this 3 day trip in Costa Rica. Nice hotel stay, excellent food, guide speaking English about the sub-cultures of the country, all in all an enriching experience for me. Strongly recommend this."
* A traveler said: "My tour guides was very knowledgeable of San Jose. I got to learn more about the country's and city's history. It was a pleasant experience to see the see city. They took me to a "no frill" restaurant that specializes in authentic Costa Rican cuisine. It better than food from the restaurant in the hotel I stayed at."
* A traveler said: "The tour of downtown San José was enhanced with local music by a charming gentleman named Sergio. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about San José and Costa Rican history. I highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "I would highly recommend booking this excursion. The team were absolutely fantastic keeping everyone safe and entertained the entire time. I always felt safe and enjoyed the experience immensely. The initial hike to the first platform is a good 20 minutes up steep terrain so best to keep that in mind for anyone with mobility issues."
* A traveler said: "The guides were amazing! Even though mudslides closed some roads and there were delays the guides took time to get us safely there and back rather than canceling. The activities were awesome!"
* A traveler said: "Juan was an awesome tour guide. He showed us the culture of Costa Rica and made us feel at home. We felt like locals after the tour!!!!"
* A traveler said: "Our host Fernando moss was exceptional ! He was very knowledgeable and friendly he treated us very well and made accommodations for myself and my friends. This tour was way more than we expected and highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Gladys and Ernesto provided tons of cultural and historical context for all the sites we visited in the city core. Great tour of the thriving markets, pedestrian shopping area and significant buildings. At the end of the tour they led us to a great craft brewery-Stieffel - which was a special interest of ours. Highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "My guide was Max. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. Arenal Volcano was majestic and the view point was very serene. Baldi Hot Springs was one of the highlights if my trip. It was a gorgeous place with so many pools to choose from. A swim-up bar and dinner topped the experience. Baldi Hot Springs is something I will not soon forget."
* A traveler said: "A very nice tour. Our guide was friendly, and on time. It is really nice up there on the volcano. The airport drop off was also very convenient."
* A traveler said: "Great tour! Comfortable bus. Fun and knowledgeable guide. We were able to tour a coffee plantation, view a volcano, and see native animals before hiking waterfalls. Breakfast and lunch were superb."
* A traveler said: "It was a great history learning experience to get to know San Jose. Lorena is very friendly a d for me snacks during the tour and provided great city sightseeing advice too. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "We have a very pleasant city tour with Ama this week. He was extremely friendly, funny, knowledgeable and very well versed on history on every corner. Stopped to have local ice cream unique to San Jose, and really enjoyed the history coffee shop Don Juanito. His special ability to animate the narrative made the tour a wonderful morning and early afternoon."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was great. Very nice and friendly. He even helped my husband get a cab home. It was a great night out"
* A traveler said: "This tour was wonderful and marked our first trip to Costa Rica! We loved every minute. I'd highly recommend to anyone looking for a way to explore and learn about Costa Rica without having to take time planning or having to find your our transportation. Everyday we traveled to a different destination and had a new adventure thanks to our guide. Highlights included jumping into the Pacific Ocean, relaxing in a picturesque thermal river, gliding like Superman on a zip-line over a lush forest, whitewater rafting in a secluded river gorge, and trying local cuisine. In the evenings I enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub and pool at the hotel and going for walks on the days we were back before dark. Accommodations were spacious and the staff was very friendly. Since the tour is based out of San Jose, your guide will drive you to the tour destinations each day so make sure you have some of your favorite music and audio-books downloaded on your device. And don't close your eyes, the views along the way are incredible! If you have extra time, I'd recommend staying in Costa Rica a few days after the tour to explore one of the coasts or another city in Costa Rica you'd like to visit."
* A traveler said: "It's an excellent tour, where it was possible to know a little of the main attractions of Costa Rica. The tour guide was very friendly, explaining everything about each place visited."
* A traveler said: "Malo was my guide and he was not only a lot of fun, but very knowledgeable. We ended the tour at an amazing coffee shop (which unfortunately I can’t remember the name of) and they explained their coffee process. The coffee was delicate and floral with hints of blueberries. A perfect end to a wonderful tour."
* A traveler said: "We had an amazing experience with tour guide Yojhan and driver Juan Jose. They were extremely friendly, professional, and kind. We had booked this excursion last minute(literally the day before), and Yojhan was extremely communicative in keeping us updated about the logistics for the tour the next day. We were picked up 5:15am sharp. We had a traditional Costa Rican breakfast(included) before reaching Rio Celeste. The beautiful rainforest-feel hike was around 2.5hrs-3hrs. I would suggest wearing hiking shoes due to the muddy and slippery trail + mosquito repellents but I hiked with my Birkenstock sandals and it was fine. Yojhan was extremely patient with us. Rio Celeste was beautiful. Please note that swimming in Rio Celeste is prohibited by the government. We then had an extremely delicious lunch(included) next to the National Park, omg it was soooooo yummy yummy. We also stopped by a cute maze called Katira Labyrinth. Since there was only a few of us in the tour, the guide offered to stop by the town in La Fortuna for a quickstop on the way back for a quick souvenir shopping. We did not get back to the hotel until 8pm. The trip is a must!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- San Jose By Night: Food and Culture Small Group or Private Tour
- San Jose Walking Tour: Food, History and Architecture
- Explore the Central Market's History and Food with a Local Expert by Carpe Chepe
- Zip Line La Carpintera. Half day Tour ZipLine+ Rappel +hiking
- Costa Rica Full Day Combo Tour - Zip lining, Waterfalls, Volcano & Hot Springs
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Limon
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
Day Trips from San Jose
- San Jose to Costa Rica
- San Jose to La Fortuna
- San Jose to Arenal Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Poas Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Jaco
- San Jose to Puntarenas
- San Jose to Quepos
- San Jose to Limon
- San Jose to Tabacon Hot Springs
- San Jose to Carara National Park (Parque Nacional Carara)
- San Jose to Baldi Hot Springs
- San Jose to Celeste River (Río Celeste)
- San Jose to Jaco Beach
- San Jose to Tortuguero National Park (Parque Nacional Tortuguero)
- San Jose to Monteverde
- San Jose to Tortuguero
- San Jose to Alajuela