Explore our promoted experiences
- Take a 3-day sailing adventure to the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsundays
- Visit landmarks such as Whitehaven Beach, Hook Island, and Bait Reef
- Swim, snorkel, dive, and soak up the sun on this all-inclusive excursion
- The first dive is free and all diving equipment and instruction are provided
Departure & Return
Meet at Meeting point B (in front of the round about).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No BYO Alcohol
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Departs every Monday and Friday. Open date tickets please give 10-14 days notice to book. All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in advance by email or via Phone
- Dietary Requirements: Please note we cannot cater for Vegan, Halal or Kosher Diets.
- If you wish to try Scuba Diving as an Introductory Diver you may require a Diver's Medical Certificate to the AS4005.1 Australian Standard. Scuba Diving is payable on board the tour. A medical certificate is required if:
- You are aged 45 years or older;
- If you suffer from certain medical conditions;
- If you are taking certain prescription medications
- More information about dive medicals and when they are required can be found on their website If there is any uncertainty it is best to obtain a medical certificate to avoid the possibility of disappointment.
- THIS IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR CERTIFIED SCUBA DIVERS*
- New Requirements for Kiana Passengers February 2018 Recent changes to the Queensland Workplace Laws have made it necessary to reassess the minimum requirements for Kiana passengers to enable us to meet our duty of care and establish an acceptable level of risk. While offering a sailing tour of the Whitsunday Islands and a visit to Whitehaven Beach Kiana is primarily a live-aboard dive boat. Kiana travels 64km offshore to Bait Reef on the outer Great Barrier Reef and is currently the only overnight vessel doing so. Our crew are all qualified Dive Instructors and we take every measure possible to ensure the safety of our guests and mitigate risks. Our recent risk assessment has highlighted 3 areas of risk that we are concerned about. 1. Understanding the instructions of the crew 2. Swimming Ability 3. Mobility in an emergency Understanding Instructions Kiana carries a crew of three. While our crew come from various nationalities the language spoken on Kiana is English. All briefings and emergency instruction are given in English. It is therefore imperative that all passengers have a good understanding of the English Language. In the past we have allowed groups of passengers where one acts as the interpreter. Unfortunately we can no longer accept this scenario. All passengers must be able to clearly understand safety directions and instructions given in English by the crew and be able to complete the required safety forms in English. Swimming Ability Passengers with limited swimming ability will be provided with floatation devices. However in order to reduce the risk to an acceptable level we require that all passengers have at least some swimming ability. Each passenger’s self-assessment of their swimming ability will be required prior to boarding Kiana. All passengers must acknowledge that they are able to swim in deep water without a flotation device unassisted for 1 minute. Mobility Kiana is an 18 meter sailing ketch and as such cannot cater for passengers with limited mobility. In order to meet our minimum safety standards passengers must be able exit the vessel unassisted in an emergency. If necessary passengers with questionable mobility will be required to demonstrate, prior to departure, that they can exit from the interior of Kiana to the muster station on the aft deck unassisted. All passengers must be able to climb a 1.5 meter high ladder unassisted. Passengers who cannot meet the above minimum safety standards will be refused boarding and returned to the booking agent for a refund.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Whitsundays Sailing Adventures.com Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 15 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 14 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 14 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff