11 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the natural wonders of Tropical North Queensland on a full-day tour to Chillagoe Caves and Granite Gorge. Travel from Cairns by rugged 4WD vehicle with a naturalist guide, passing over the McAllister Ranges and the Great Dividing Range as you explore the Australian Outback. Visit Chillagoe-Mungana Caves National Park, drive near the wetlands to spot Australian native wildlife and stop by historic mining towns. Numbers are limited to 16 people on this small-group tour, with morning tea and a pub lunch included.
- Chillagoe Caves and Australian Outback day trip from Cairns
- Tour of Chilagoe Caves and see fossilised remains on ancient coral reefs
- See Aboriginal Rock Art in Chillagoe
- Tour of the Smelters and visit Granite Gorge
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 participants ensures a more personalized experience
- Morning tea and lunch included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
On board a 4WD vehicle, you'll gain access to remote spots for excellent wildlife viewing and off-roading around the wetlands, Great Divide and Outback. This itinerary balances wilderness adventures with creature comforts like morning tea, souvenir shopping and pub lunch.
Saved to wishlist!
Local driver guide
Lunch at a 100-year-old Aussie pub
Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Chillagoe-Mungana Caves National Park Tour
Hotel pickup and drop-off (Cairns and Northern Beaches area only)
Chillagoe Smelter Ruins
Visit Balancing Rock and see Aboriginal Rock Art
Granite Gorge National Park and see Wallabies
Morning Tea at Skybury Cafe and Roastery
Port Douglas transfers (min 2 people, contact reservations after booking to confirm)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear closed-toe shoe and bring a light jacket or sweater
- A reasonable level of fitness is required, as there are steps and uneven terrain leading into the caves
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Billy Tea Bush Safaris
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Chillagoe Caves and Outback Day Trip from Cairns?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Chillagoe Caves and Outback Day Trip from Cairns?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Chillagoe Caves and Outback Day Trip from Cairns
11 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremeHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCairns & the Tropical North4WD Tours - QueenslandSporting Events - QueenslandBus Tours - QueenslandExtreme - QueenslandHistorical Tours - QueenslandFull-day Tours - Queensland4WD Tours - AeroglenSporting Events - AeroglenBus Tours - AeroglenExtreme - AeroglenHistorical Tours - AeroglenFull-day Tours - Aeroglen4WD Tours - Port DouglasSporting Events - Port DouglasBus Tours - Port DouglasExtreme - Port DouglasHistorical Tours - Port DouglasFull-day Tours - Port DouglasCategory
Cairns Botanic Gardens Tours & TicketsEsplanade Boardwalk Tours & TicketsWet Tropics World Heritage Area Tours & TicketsRainForeStation Nature Park Tours & TicketsCairns Esplanade Lagoon Tours & TicketsMt. Whitfield Tours & TicketsFitzroy Island Tours & TicketsRed Arrow Walk Tours & TicketsCentenary Lakes Tours & TicketsMamu Tropical Skywalk Tours & TicketsRusty's Markets Tours & TicketsMuddy's Playground Tours & TicketsCairns Cruise Port Tours & TicketsAustralian Butterfly Sanctuary Tours & TicketsKuranda Koala Gardens Tours & TicketsCairns Zoom & Wildlife Dome Tours & TicketsBirdworld Kuranda Tours & TicketsLake Barrine Tours & TicketsCairns Night Markets & Food Court Tours & TicketsBehana Gorge Waterfall Tours & Tickets