Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip to Kuranda from Cairns
- Experience the wildlife, history and lush landscape of Tropical North Queensland
- Enjoy spectacular views of Barron Falls on the Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Ride the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for aerial views of the verdant forest
- Explore the markets and wildlife attractions of Kuranda during free time in the village
- Choose from tour options that include Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park and Rainforestation Nature Park
- Pickup and drop-off at Cairns and northern beaches hotels included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from selected hotels in Cairns - please contact the operator after booking to confirm your pickup location and time.
What To Expect
All itineraries include a one-way ride aboard the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway. During the 1.5-hour journey, learn about regional history as your train winds through Barron Gorge National Park and wraps around mountain curves for spectacular vistas. Cross Stoney Creek Bridge and chug by gorgeous waterfalls before arriving at the charming Kuranda train station.
To return to Cairns, get an aerial view of the rain forest as you glide above the treetops on the 4.5-mile (7.5-km) Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Ride in a 6-passenger gondola and disembark at two different vista points to take in fantastic views and explore the forest via a boardwalk.
Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cairns is included with all options.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Only one tour option is wheelchair accessible: Tjapukai w/ Lunch-Sky-Rail (code: KRST)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- KQS and KSQ are both wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Down Under Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kuranda Scenic Railway Day Trip from Cairns.