Explore our promoted experiences
- Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway day trip from Cairns, Northern Beaches or Port Douglas
- Skip the line with express tickets for the Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Travel in Gold Class on the Kuranda Scenic Railway with premium seating and morning or afternoon refreshments
- Have plenty of free time to explore Kuranda and take advantage of discount entry to a variety of attractions and wildlife exhibits
- Browse the famous Heritage Markets in Kuranda Village at your leisure
- Take an optional exclusive tour of the World Heritage-listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Marvel at the engineering of the Cairns-Kuranda Railway, constructed between 1882-1891
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
On one leg of the journey, skip the line for a ride aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway. Enjoy Gold Class service in a well-appointed cedar train car featuring comfortable lounge chairs, timber flooring and historic memorabilia. Sip on sparkling Australian wine, tea and coffee and nibble snacks while enjoying magnificent views of mountains and valleys and waterfall-studded Barron Gorge. Receive a complimentary gift pack including a pen, postcard, badge and souvenir guide as a memento of your ride.
On the opposite leg, get an aerial perspective of Tropical North Queensland as you soar over the treetops on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Settle into an enclosed 6-passenger gondola and take in panoramic views of the highlands, forest and Coral Sea on the 4.5-mile (7.5-km) ride. Stop at two lookout stations along the way, where you can chat with rangers, stroll along forest boardwalks and snap photos.
In Kuranda, enjoy several hours of leisure time to explore the historic village and surrounds. Browse heritage markets, have lunch at a local café (own expense), learn about indigenous history at the Tjupakai Aboriginal Cultural Park or encounter native wildlife like kangaroos, butterflies and koalas at the Rainforestation Nature Park (not included).
Your full-day rain forest adventure concludes with drop-off back at your Cairns or Port Douglas hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please advise if you are using a Wheelchair. Both Skyrail & Scenic Rail have maximum dimensions they can take.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Down Under Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms