10 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore Bruny Island on this full-day trip from Hobart. Travel by ferry to the island, look out for seals and penguins as you sail. On the island, admire natural sights like The Neck and Truganini Lookout, and take leisurely walks to look for wallabies and other local wildlife. Discover the island’s food scene with tastings of cheese, chocolate, cider, and oysters, plus a lunch of local produce. An exclusive group tour of the historic Cape Bruny Lighthouse completes your experience.
- Gourmet food and sightseeing tour of Bruny Island from Hobart
- Exclusive group tour of Bruny Lighthouse, the southernmost lighthouse in Australia
- Enjoy a delicious lunch of local Tasmanian produce
- Local produce tasting (oysters, cider, fudge, chocolate, honey)
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Combine stunning views and delicious Tasmanian cuisine on this Bruny Island tour.
Saved to wishlist!
Mouth watering lunch menu. Seafood platters, slow cooked lamb, seafood chowder and more local foods.
Morning Tea, rustic picnic style with Bruny Cheese, Oysters and Wood-fired Oven Bread
Ferry Fares, Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour and all food tasting costs
Highly experienced Bruny Island tour guides
Hotel pick-up and Drop-off from select Hobart hotels
Bruny Island Honey, Chocolates and Fudges prepared at the venues by our guides
Historic Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour
Hounds Tooth Whisky Tasting
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups will occur between 6:45 am to 7:20 am, please contact us directly to confirm your location and pick-up time at least 48 hours prior to your tour departure.
- Hobart Airport, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 20 people on each bus. Smaller group buses also available.
- Specific dietary requirements can be discussed with Tour Guide on the day
- Booster seats available on request for children aged 2- 6 years - a seat must be booked.
- Start and finish time is approximate and subject to change
- Please advise if booking infants under the age of 2
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please dress warm and wear suitable shoes.
- New cleaning and hygiene recommendations followed. Bus surfaces wiped down several times a day.
- We are the only operator with exclusive access to the Cape Bruny Lighthouse
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bruny Island Safaris
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
Where does the Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour depart from?
A:Bruny Island Tours start in and around Hobart, Seven Mile Beach, Sorell, Airport Travelodge, Kingston, Snug, and Kettering. If you are staying on Bruny Island you can arrange pickup from one of a few locations listed on the pickup list.
What should I bring with me on the Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:Be sure to bring a small day bag with your camera and a reusable water bottle (there is freshwater on the bus for refills.)
What should I wear on the Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:Please wear comfortable shoes to walk in, warm clothes for the cooler months, light clothes for the beach, a rain jacket (only if rain is forecast), and a cap or beanie.
Is all of the food included on the Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:Yes, all food tastings morning tea, and lunch are included.
Are there vegetarian options available during the Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:Yes, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten-free options are available. Please be sure to add any dietary restrictions in the "Special Requirements" box at checkout.
Are there any age restrictions to participate in the Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:Yes, however, the day tour is not recommended for infants under 2 years of age, as the bus only accommodates booster seats. Please advise if you plan to bring an infant in the "Special Requirements" box at checkout.
How strenuous is the Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:The tour is suitable for most fitness levels, including those with restricted mobility. Your guide will help cater to your fitness level. Those that opt-out of climbing the Lighthouse can enjoy the museum on level ground instead.
What is the policy on sanitization during Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour
10 hours 30 minutes
9 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
9 hours 45 minutes
9 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
10 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursPub ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingPort ArthurTasmaniaHobartFood Tours - TasmaniaBus Tours - TasmaniaPub Tours - TasmaniaNature and Wildlife - TasmaniaFull-day Tours - TasmaniaFood Tours - MelbourneBus Tours - MelbournePub Tours - MelbourneNature and Wildlife - MelbourneFull-day Tours - MelbourneFood Tours - Yarra ValleyBus Tours - Yarra ValleyPub Tours - Yarra ValleyNature and Wildlife - Yarra ValleyFull-day Tours - Yarra ValleyCategory
Parliament House Tours & TicketsBruny Island Berry Farm Tours & TicketsSouth Hobart Tours & TicketsZoodoo Wildlife Park Tours & TicketsRichmond Gaol Tours & TicketsMoorilla Winery Tours & TicketsMaritime Museum of Tasmania Tours & TicketsMt. Wellington (Kunanyi) Tours & TicketsMount Field National Park Tours & TicketsBattery Point Tours & TicketsHobart Runnymede Tours & TicketsNorth Hobart Tours & TicketsBonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Tours & TicketsTasmanian Devil Unzoo (Taranna Wildlife Park) Tours & TicketsCascades Female Factory Historic Site Tours & TicketsConstitution Dock Tours & TicketsTasman Bridge Tours & TicketsRichmond Village Tours & TicketsSt. George's Anglican Church Tours & TicketsSt. David's Cathedral Tours & Tickets