- 3-hour sailing tour on the River Derwent from Hobart
- Admire the coastal scenery
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea
- Feel the power of an ocean-racing yacht under full sail
Departure & Return
King's Pier Marina is right across the road from Mure's Seafood Restaurant. Helsal IV and Magic Miles are the last two boats on the far left of the marina. Meet us there about 10 minutes before sailing (the map doesn't show the marina but satellite photos do).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Head toward the Iron Pot lighthouse, and watch for wildlife like seals and dolphins. Then enjoy stories from your skipper about previous sailing adventures over morning or afternoon tea featuring gourmet Tasmanian items. Your tour ends when you return to the departure point.
When booking, select either the morning tour, which operates from October to March, or the afternoon tour from April to September.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear flat soled shoes. Sneakers are ideal
- A maximum of 18 people per sailing trip
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hobart Yachts
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Don't be misled, Derwent River is actually the Hobart harbor (just tradition)." See review