Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day shore excursion to Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod Port
- Stop at the Mount of Olives for views of Old Jerusalem, and see the Garden of Gethsemane
- Visit important Christian sites such as the Via Dolorosa and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- See the Western Wall, Jewish Quarter and an Arab souk
- Spend time in Bethlehem and visit Manger Square and the Church of the Nativity
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Look for a sign with your name on it as you arrive at the cruise terminal in Ashdod
- Port of Ashdod
What To Expect
Continue past the Garden of Gethsemane, where it is believed that Jesus prayed on the night he was arrested by Roman soldiers. Continue to Mount Zion and the Last Supper Room, then to the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem to see the famous Western Wall, or Wailing Wall, the holiest of Jewish sites. In the Christian Quarter, walk along the Via Dolorosa, the street that Jesus walked on the way to his crucifixion. Here, look for the 14 Stations of the Cross while retracing Jesus’ steps to the Hill of Calvary, now the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Continue on to Cardo, the main thoroughfare of Byzantine Jerusalem where the coach will provide transportation for the short trip to Bethlehem.
Explore the Church of the Nativity, where the birth of Jesus of Nazareth is said to have occurred. Manger Square is where the majority of religious activity in Bethlehem takes place, with the Church of the Nativity and the Mosque of Omar, the oldest and only mosque in the old city of Bethlehem. See where Jesus was placed in a manger after his birth. Shop for souvenirs at some of the Palestinian markets, then board the coach for a return trip to the Port of Ashdod.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Ashdod Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Duration of the tour may vary
- Some sites may not be visited and others included subject to accessibility, security, holiday festivities, opening times, queues, traffic, time constraints, and other unforeseen circumstances
- Good walking shoes, sunglasses, hat, and clothing that covers the shoulders and knees are recommended
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel for Bethlehem only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guided Tours Israel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Ashdod Shore Excursion: ALL Jerusalem Highlights + visit to Bethlehem.