- Visit the holy city of Bethlehem
- Visit Jericho, the oldest city in the world
- See famous biblical sites
- Transportation included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
On the main highway between Jerusalem and Jericho, in the Judean Desert, pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan, mentioned in the New Testament's parable of the Good Samaritan and the famous roadside sea level marker. From here, enjoy a view of the Jordan Valley where Jesus was baptized.
In Jericho, the oldest city in the world, look for the sycamore tree that Zacchaeus, the tax collector, climbed to get a better view of Jesus when he was there on his way to Jerusalem. Above Jericho is the Mount of Temptation, where Jesus, after praying and fasting for 40 days and 40 nights, was tempted by the devil.
At this halfway point of the tour, stop for lunch (own expense) in a restaurant in Jericho before making the trip to Bethlehem.
In Bethlehem, explore the Church of the Nativity and the Grotto, a holy place with the cave in which the birth of Jesus of Nazareth is said to have occurred. Manger Square is where the majority of religious activity in Bethlehem takes place, with the Church of the Nativity and the Mosque of Omar, the oldest and only mosque in the old city of Bethlehem and a site of great meaning for those Muslims who live in the city.
See where Jesus was placed in a manger after his birth. Tradition has it that while Mary was nursing Jesus here, a drop of milk fell to the ground, turning it white.
Stop by the local Greek and Catholic churches before going to Shepherds' Field, where Luke 2:8 declares: 'Shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.' It is believed an angel announced the birth of Jesus here.
The tour concludes with a return trip to the Jerusalem hotels.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- When visiting Bethlehem, you will be met by a Palestinan guide at the boarder and may require a change of vehicle
- A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Due to visitors overload a visit down to Nativity cave is not always possible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please note this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Bethlehem and Jericho Day Trip from Jerusalem.