- Full-day guided walking tour of Christian Jerusalem
- Follow the footsteps of Jesus from the Mount of Olives to Via Dolorosa, an important pilgrimage route
- Hear biblical stories and little-known tales about Jesus and his life in the city
- Visit the Church of All Nations near the Garden of Gethsemane and the Jewish cemetery in Kidron Valley
- Enter Jerusalem Old City to stop for photos at the Pool of Bethesda and Convent of the Sisters of Zion
- See the start point of the Via Dolorosa, from where Jesus is said to have walked to his crucifixion
- Round-trip transport from centrally located Jerusalem hotels included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
First, stop at the Mount of Olives for a scenic overview of the entire city of Jerusalem. This mountain ridge is east of the Old City and named for the olive groves that once covered its slopes. According to the gospels, a number of important events in the life of Jesus took place here, including where he ascended into heaven. The Mount has been a site of Christian worship since ancient times and continues to be a place of pilgrimage for Eastern Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant believers.
Walk down the Mount to the Church of All Nations, also known as the Basilica of Agony, near the Garden of Gethsemane. It is believed that Jesus prayed here on the night he was arrested by Roman soldiers.
Pass through the Jewish cemetery in Kidron Valley and into the Old City. Take a break to enjoy lunch (own expense), then continue the tour by the Pool of Bethesda, a pool of water in the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalem associated with healing, as described in the Gospel of John.
Visit St Anne’s Church, believed to be the birthplace of the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus. Next, walk past the Convent of the Sisters of Zion, leading to the Via Dolorosa, the street that Jesus walked on the way to his crucifixion.
The tour concludes here, then board the coach for a return trip to the Jerusalem hotels.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour operates with minimum number of participants
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please note this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Jerusalem Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of Jesus.