10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Spend your day on a private hiking adventure through the Arenal Volcano National Park. Experience the natural beauty of La Fortuna as you navigate the trails and passes that wind through its stunning landscapes. When the day is done, relax and unwind with a dip in a natural hot water river before returning to your hotel.
- Navigate steep jungle trails and natural craters with a professional guide
- Extreme hike through Arenal Volcano National Park
- Experience the beauty of Costa Rica's jungles
- Relax with a dip in a natural hot river with a complimentary cocktail
- Round-trip hotel transportation and lunch included
Saved to wishlist!
Pickup and drop-off from hotels in La Fortuna area
Cocktail in the Hot-springs
Hotsprings Resort Entrance fee
Dinner not included
Climb the crater of the volcanoes is forbidden
Departure & Return
702, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required; Use "Special Requirements" field upon checkout to advise information
- A 5 hours of hike is involved
- The itinerary may change due to weather conditions or issues with trails
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Red Lava TSC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Two Volcano Extreme Hike in La Fortuna?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Two Volcano Extreme Hike in La Fortuna?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Two Volcano Extreme Hike in La Fortuna?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Two Volcano Extreme Hike in La Fortuna?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It is definitely a vigorous hike though so if you are not physically active at all it might be too much for you." See review
- "There are sections where you need to use a rope to help you repell down or climb up the hillside, and it can be a little more hairy when the ground is slick and muddy from the rain." See review
Product code: 18265P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLa Fortuna de San CarlosHiking - La FortunaHiking - MonteverdeHiking - PuntarenasCategory