8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Travel between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans during this full-day tour of the Panama Canal. With your local guide, explore the canal by sea and on foot, viewing the ships passing through the locks and the variety of plant and animal life on the canal's shores. Explore Gatun Lake and Monkey Island, home to howlers, capuchins, and tamarins. Stop at the Agua Clara Locks Visitor Center to get an overview of the canal's history through informative displays and exhibits. Explore San Lorenzo National Park and Fort San Lorenzo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and enjoy a picnic lunch. All activities, entrance fees, lunch, and round-trip transportation from Panama City hotels are included.
- Eat a picnic lunch in San Lorenzo National Park
- Explore the Panama Canal from the Atlantic to the Pacific
- See the native animal and plant life surrounding the canal and Gatun Lake
- Visit San Lorenzo National Park and Fort San Lorenzo
Saved to wishlist!
Panama Canal boat ride (90 minutes)
Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
Transport by air-conditioned minibus
Due to heavy traffic, no free pickup from hotels located near Amador Causeway, Clayton (City of Knowledge) Playa Bonita. Separate transportation for the an extra charge
Playa Blanca, or Rio Hato, Metromall or Tocumen Airport need to arrange own transportation
This is not a TRANSIT tour, we wont travel by boat inside the locks.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup from centrally located Panama City hotels in the following areas:
• El Cangrejo
• Punta Pacifica
• San Francisco
• Punta Paitilla
• Avenida Balboa
• Bella Vista
• Casco Viejo
• Financial District
• El Dorado
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The tour starts in a very remote area and there will be no access to public restrooms until around 10:30am. There is a sheltered latrine available for women at the dock but it is very rustic.
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Minimum age is 3 years
- If you will be staying at a hotel area that is not on the list, please contact your local operator prior to booking your tour
- Near public transportation
- This tour is in ENGLISH
- Not recommended for travelers with walking problems or other serious medical conditions that prevent to getting inside a small boat.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Panama Day Trips
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal and Jungle Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal and Jungle Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal and Jungle Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal and Jungle Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal and Jungle Tour
6 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursWater ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPanama CityBus Tours - San Blas IslandsWater Tours - San Blas IslandsHistorical Tours - San Blas IslandsFull-day Tours - San Blas IslandsBus Tours - LimonWater Tours - LimonHistorical Tours - LimonFull-day Tours - LimonBus Tours - CartagenaWater Tours - CartagenaHistorical Tours - CartagenaFull-day Tours - CartagenaCategory
El Nispero Zoo and Botanical Garden Tours & TicketsBarro Colorado Island Tours & TicketsPiedra Pintada Tours & TicketsBiomuseo Tours & TicketsMetropolitan National Park (Parque Natural Metropolitano) Tours & TicketsAfro-Antillean Museum of Panama (Museo Afro-Antillano de Panama) Tours & TicketsPresidential Palace (Palacio de las Garzas) Tours & TicketsAncon Hill (Cerro Ancon) Tours & TicketsContadora Island (Isla Contadora) Tours & TicketsPunta Culebra Nature Center Tours & TicketsBridge of the Americas (Puente de las Americas) Tours & TicketsMi Pueblito Tours & TicketsChorro el Macho Waterfall Tours & TicketsBayano Lake Caves (Lago Bayano Caves) Tours & TicketsPlaza de Francia Tours & TicketsPanama Interoceanic Canal Museum (Museo del Canal Interoceánico) Tours & TicketsSan Jose Church (Iglesia San Jose) Tours & TicketsFuerte Amador Cruise Port Tours & TicketsSoberanía National Park Tours & TicketsMetropolitan Cathedral Tours & Tickets