- Small-group, full-day tour of the Grand Canyon
- Explore the Grand Canyon National Park with your knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the Sonoran Desert
- Enjoy a photo stop in Williams along Route 66
- Transport by custom, luxury, air-conditioned van
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Your drive brings you through the expansive Sonoran Desert filled with the native saguaro cactus. The scenery begins to change as you increase in elevation and views of the cactus fade into pine trees. As you continue further into northern Arizona, travel the outskirts of the Route 66 town of Flagstaff and from the highway, see the San Francisco Peaks among the seemingly endless Ponderosa Pine Forest, one of the largest contiguous forests of ponderosa pines in the world.
Williams is the first stop along the tour for a chance to experience Route 66, the iconic American highway steeped in rich tradition.
Your van climbs up to 6,000 feet (1,800 meters) before you reach your first stopping point in Grand Canyon National Park. Expect ample time to explore the features around the deepest and widest part of the canyon, which measures 277 miles (445 km) in length. Visit the El Tovar Hotel and Hopi House in Grand Canyon Village, multiple scenic lookout points along the East Rim Drive, and have time to shop, go for a walk, grab lunch (own expense), and visit cultural exhibits along the rim.
Your tour ends in the evening upon your return to your starting point in the Phoenix-Scottsdale area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Arizona state law requires children under 8 years to have either a child seat or booster. Child seats are not provided, please bring your own
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Wheelchairs are acceptable as long as they fold up and can be slid into the vehicle.
- We do not guarantee pickup for all hotels. Even if your hotel is on the list, there may be a chance you'll need to meet at an alternate location. Any guest staying outside of Phoenix, Scottsdale or Tempe will be required to meet at an alternate location to be determined by supplier. Tour supplier contact details will be provided on your pre-paid voucher.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Detours of Arizona
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff