- Full-day Outer Great Barrier Reef snorkel or diving tour, from Port Douglas
- Visit three excellent snorkel or dive sites
- Choose a Great Barrier Reef tour with options for all levels of experience
- Includes lunch, snacks, use of snorkel gear, guide, cruise, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, 44 Wharf Street, Port Douglas QLD 4877
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
When your boat departs, your guide provides a safety briefing and introduction to the day's activities, and scuba divers are briefed about the dive sites.
Custom built snorkel-only vessels allow access to renowned sites at Opal and Tongue Reefs. If you want to go diving, introductory divers are placed in groups of four with a PADI Dive Instructor. Certified divers dive in groups of up to seven people accompanied by PADI Dive Masters. Scuba diving is at an additional charge.
Arrive at your first dive site at either Opal or Agincourt Reef. Have time to snorkel and enjoy morning tea before moving on to the second site before noon. Guided snorkel tours are optional at the second site. Have lunch on board the boat, then listen to an interpretive talk about the Great Barrier Reef.
Move to the third site of the day and take the optional guided snorkel tour, then nibble your afternoon tea afterwards. Then depart for the mainland. Your tour ends with transfer back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 per person is payable on day of travel. It is not included in amount paid to Trip Advisor Experiences. Please note, this amount increases to $7 on 1st April 2020. Any bookings made for travel after 1st April 2020, EMC will be included in price.
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Additional dives may be booked and paid for on board (subject to availability). Maximum of three dives in a day.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted to dive.
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If its raining on your day of travel, the tour will still go ahead. If Calypso cancels due to poor weather, mainly high winds, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Cancellation fees may apply if less than 24 hours notice is given prior to departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 85 travelers
- OPERATED BY Calypso Reef Charters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff