- Combo eco shore excursion from Puntarenas
- Walk through the rain forest canopy on a suspended trail and hanging bridges
- Observe native wildlife like monkeys and exotic birds
- Make a shopping stop in the charming village of Santa Lucia
- Cruise through a biological reserve on the Tarcoles River
- Includes port pickup and drop-off and a fresh fruit snack
Departure & Return
Meeting instructions: Puntarenas Pier: Right in front of the ship, close to Gangway you will see our staff holding a sign with your name on it. Please do not walk to the pier entrance. We must pick up inside the pier. For assistance you can call us at Office: (506)2297-0889
What To Expect
The bridges are built with the highest safety standards, and experienced guides will accompany you to ensure your safety and point out highlights of the enchanting jungle. As you trek, take in spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and keep an eye out for native wildlife like monkeys, anteaters, poison dart frogs, and hundreds of bird species.
After completing the SkyWay trail, take a break to relax and shop for unique souvenirs in the nearby village of Santa Lucia, a replica of a Spanish colonial settlement. Enjoy a snack of tropical fruit and iced tea here before transferring to the Tarcoles River, which snakes along the northern border of the Carara Biological Reserve. Take a river cruise along the biodiverse waterway, where you can watch one of the world’s largest wild crocodile populations basking in the sun.
Your tour concludes with drop-off back at the cruise terminal, where you can return to your waiting ship or spend some time strolling along the nearby boulevards of Puntarenas.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is exclusive for cruise ship passengers. If you are not arriving by cruise ship please do not book this tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- OPERATED BY Greenway Nature Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms