Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour cultural experience at the Mitai Maori Village
- Hangi dinner buffet and Maori performances
- Guided bush walk to learn about native flora and fauna
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Rotorua
Departure & Return
Carpark available for vehicles and motorhomes onsite
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
In this bush setting of New Zealand's North Island, discover the history of the area once thriving with indigenous villages. You'll observe Maori warriors paddling a waka, or canoe, down the Wai-o-whiro stream, and visit the Fairy Spring for a look at freshwater eels, trout, and glowworms.
The evening's cultural entertainment includes a performance of games, songs, and dances including the haka, or war dance. Learn about Maori customs, including the art of ta moko (tattoo), woodcarving, and medicinal uses of native plants.
Savor a selection of succulent dishes during a traditional hangi feast, with foods cooked underground in an earthen oven. Your dinner includes New Zealand meats and poultry along with vegetables and fresh salads. Top off your meal with buffet-style desserts. Drinks are available for purchase from the full bar.
Afterward, you're dropped off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own care person
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - warm comfortable clothing and walking footwear
- Please note there is a small walk through the forest which has some steps and uneven ground in some areas
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Infant seats are subject to availability
- ***Bookings could be cancelled due to lack of numbers - we advise customers the date you are booked to visit to allow for any late bookings. Thank you for your understanding!!
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mitai Maori Village
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Sometimes it seems like a rush, however it's great how they have the venue and respect for the envitenviro" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews