8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Enjoy stunning views from Irazu Volcano National Park and Orosi Valley, plus wander through the streets of Cartago City on this popular tour that takes travelers outside for a taste of Costa Rican nature. Explore the active Irazu volcano some 3,432 meters above sea level and gain a deeper understanding of why Costa Rica's largest volcano is so impressive!
- Day Trip from San Jose to Irazu Volcano National Park
- See the sites in Cartago City and Orosi Valley
- Enjoy a day in nature
- Round-trip hotel transport, lunch and guide included in tour
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Our representative will meet you at the lobby of your Hotel
What To Expect
Enjoy early morning pick up from your San Jose hotel and make your way 12 miles east along the Pan-American Highway to Cartago. Follow an expert guide through the Irazu Volcano National Park and check out craters, panoramic views and more. Visit the main Basilica of Cartago and continue on to the Orosi Coffee Valley, where you'll enjoy a savory lunch and incredible views. After a delicious meal at La Casona del Cafetal, located on the edge of Cachi Lake, you'll return to your San Jose hotel.
You will be picked up from your hotel in San Jose between 7 and 7:30am. You will then travel 12 miles Eeast through the Panamerican Higway to Cartago province. At 9:30am you will arrive at Irazu Volcano National Park for a short walk to the main craters, enjoying great panoramic views of the Caribbean and Central Valley. A tour guide will explain all important facts about history, activities, vegetation and wildlife
Duration: 1 hour
Admission Ticket Included
At 12:15pm you will continue to the wonderful Orosi Coffee Valley, stop at a viewpoint for beautiful pictures of the region and proceed to a restaurant for a great lunch. Lunch will be served at 1:15pm at a Local Restaurant. Afterwards, you will be taken back to your hotel in San Jose, arriving at approximately 3pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Admission Ticket Included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Destiny Travel Costa Rica
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Day Trip from San Jose to Irazu Volcano National Park, Cartago City and Orosi Valley?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Day Trip from San Jose to Irazu Volcano National Park, Cartago City and Orosi Valley?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Day Trip from San Jose to Irazu Volcano National Park, Cartago City and Orosi Valley?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Day Trip from San Jose to Irazu Volcano National Park, Cartago City and Orosi Valley?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I had a private tour as I was the only person who booked a tour for the day." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Day Trip from San Jose to Irazu Volcano National Park, Cartago City and Orosi Valley
12 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeEco ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan JoseBus Tours - Central ValleyNature and Wildlife - Central ValleyEco Tours - Central ValleyFull-day Tours - Central ValleyBus Tours - QueposNature and Wildlife - QueposEco Tours - QueposFull-day Tours - QueposBus Tours - JacoNature and Wildlife - JacoEco Tours - JacoFull-day Tours - JacoCategory
Jade Museum (Museo del Jade) Tours & TicketsLa Sabana Park Tours & TicketsChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos) Tours & TicketsNational Museum (Museo Nacional) Tours & TicketsRescate Animal Zooave Tours & TicketsPlaza de la Cultura Tours & TicketsNational Theater (Teatro Nacional) Tours & TicketsMorazan Park Tours & TicketsCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense) Tours & TicketsOrosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi) Tours & TicketsTuru Ba Ri Tropical Park Tours & TicketsMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico) Tours & TicketsGold Museum Tours & TicketsYellow House (Casa Amarilla) Tours & TicketsChirripó National Park Tours & TicketsSarchi Tours & Tickets