7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Home to over 100 species of animals, five waterfalls and a cloud forest the Wildlife Refuge La Paz Waterfall gardens is bursting with bio diversity. Visit, explore, learn and even hike among the sloths, monkeys, tropical birds, pumas, ocelots and more who call Costa Rica’s most visited private ecological reserve home. Take in the incredible plant life like wild orchids on this full-day, small group tour with lunch included.
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rica’s rich bio diversity at a nature reserve
- See waterfalls, rainforest, cloud forest and an aviary
- Hike and explore the reserve in a small group
- Entrance fees, lunch and transpiration included
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We picked up travellers at any Hotel in San Jose downtonw, Heredia downtown or Alajuela Downtown
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Destiny Travel Costa Rica
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Day trip from San Jose to Wildlife Refuge La Paz Waterfall Gardens?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Day trip from San Jose to Wildlife Refuge La Paz Waterfall Gardens?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Day trip from San Jose to Wildlife Refuge La Paz Waterfall Gardens?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Day trip from San Jose to Wildlife Refuge La Paz Waterfall Gardens?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It is also great for photographers, and my husband happens to be one." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Day trip from San Jose to Wildlife Refuge La Paz Waterfall Gardens
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeEco ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsKid FriendlyOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan JoseBus Tours - Central ValleyNature and Wildlife - Central ValleyEco Tours - Central ValleyFull-day Tours - Central ValleyBus Tours - QueposNature and Wildlife - QueposEco Tours - QueposFull-day Tours - QueposBus Tours - JacoNature and Wildlife - JacoEco Tours - JacoFull-day Tours - JacoCategory
Turu Ba Ri Tropical ParkPlaza de la CulturaLa Sabana Park Chirripó National ParkOrosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)Morazan ParkGold MuseumNational Museum (Museo Nacional)National Theater (Teatro Nacional)Rescate Animal ZooaveCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)SarchiChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)